Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Introductions!

Here we are on my, hopefully temporary, blog site where I will post my work, what I have been working on, or anything else I may come across.  I'm sure some of you may be wondering either who I am or what this is all about but, since you're looking at this that you either know me personally or professionally so I will dispense with most of the normal introductions one may have and move on to brighter topics!

As of the 1st of August, I have finally entered the fantastic Full Sail Final's department and am preparing myself, both mentally and physically, for the onslaught of work in the coming months.  The class I am currently in is ANP (short for Animation Pre-Production) and this is basically where I choose my 3 assets to complete to industry standard levels in order to show them on my future demo reel.  However, that is not all that we do in ANP!  Since this is an art based industry, pre-production is essential to just about everything we do.  This not only includes animation, modeling and compositing (all pre-pro heavy) but also includes my personal favorites, rigging/setup artist, and scripting!  So this means I have to work my butt off to research and study different methods that comes with the art of rigging as well as figuring out how muscles work underneath the skin in order to get a rig to deform correctly.  All this equals a very busy Steve for this month!  Luckily I do have some spare time to relax and take my mind off work.  Not that I call it work, because I love what I do!  I mean, if you have fun working then it really doesn't feel like it's work!

No comments:

Post a Comment